Sunday, October 3, 2010

My Google Search Box does Internet searches but does NOT yet search my Blog - also Labels not setup yet

This morning I added a gadget - a Google search box - at the top of my Blog page.
The search box functions for Google searches on the Web, but so far, does not work for searching my blog.

I also added another gadget - Labels - on the right hand side above my Blog Archive but I have not done anything with it yet.  I liked the Labels gadget on other blogs that I have been looking at.  I expected to see the word "Labels" but I don't yet.  I'll sort out how to create labels sometime this week or next.

I had to change my settings for the following questions to get my search gadget.
Add your blog to our listings?
Let search engines find your blog?

When I first setup my blog, I only intended it to be available for my classmates and my instructor.
However, now I would be OK with other people reading and commenting on my blog.
I will look at the websites/blogs of anyone who comments.

I am not yet satisfied with my search box.  I want it to be centered at the top of the page with a much smaller input area for search text.  I have looked at the source code but I am not yet ready to make changes there.

Maybe Google has not found my blog yet.
I'll check now & then over the next few days to see if it starts working for searches for my blog.
If not, I'll have to sort out why it is not functioning.

No comments:

Post a Comment