Friday, January 6, 2012

Refuse to accept Tim Horton Latte Cups !

Tim Hortons recently added Lattes to their menu offerings in an attempt to attract Starbucks customers.
Time will tell if they have any success in that endeavour.

http://m.theglobeandmail.com/globe-investor/news-sources/?date=20111102&archive=cnw&slug=C9735&service=mobile
Tim Hortons launches lattes in 2,500 locations in Canada
Nov. 2, 2011

However, the chain is making a mistake annoying some of us long-term customers by now only serving our extra-large double-double traditional coffees in their new latte cups.  Some of us want nothing to do with lattes !

Yesterday morning, I bought 2 extra-large double-double coffees.  When I was handed 2 latte cups, I said "I wanted double-doubles - not lattes."  The clerk said, "that's what you have, it's just our promotional cups."  I said  "I am NOT going to be walking around appearing to be drinking a latte."  I asked her to pour my coffee into their regular cups.  She said the store didn't have any extra-large regular cups - it's part of their new advertising campaign.  I had already paid for my coffees.  I shrugged & said, "Well, I'm NOT taking them then" and left them on the counter.  I was pleasant - just definite - & still tipped.

This morning when I stopped at Tim Horton's, I said "what is the largest size of double-double that I can get in a regular Tim Horton cup ?"  So today, I got 2 large double-doubles & left happy.

Meanwhile it doesn't seem like the Starbucks crowd is enthusiastic about Tim Hortons offering lattes.  I don't think it is any big surprise that the drinks don't meet their cultivated expectations.  Personally, I don't think that the social divide can be bridged.

http://business.financialpost.com/2011/11/14/tim-hortons-lattes-what-our-readers-say/

No comments:

Post a Comment