Sunday, October 14, 2012

"Heart, Smarts, Guts, and Luck" - Book & Website

My LIBS1610 course - Library Services in Business & Industry - assignment required students to  "choose a business book and write a brief review (no more than 1 page) of the book explaining why you think this publication would be useful for a business reference collection."

I did a lot of research of business books before selecting a book to read.




 
Heart, Smarts, Guts, and Luck
What It Takes to Be An Entrepreneur and Build A Great Business
by Anthony K. Tjan, Richard Harrington, and Tsun-yan Hsieh
2012
Harvard Business Review Press
Boston, Massachusetts, USA

I was able to borrow this very recently published book (launched 7th August 2012) from our QEII Library at Memorial University of Newfoundland and Labrador. I will let my classmates know when I return it so that they may also read this wonderful book.

I enjoyed reading it and will recommend purchasing this book for a business reference collection.
I have not yet decided how to reduce my notes into a 1 page review.  There is so much that I'd like to say.

I encourage readers to have a look at this website.
http://www.hsgl.com/

On this webpage, you can complete their E.A.T. - Entrepreneurial Aptitude Test - survey.
"The Test is based on our research of 500+ top founders and business builders around the world."

http://www.hsgl.com/entrepreneurial_aptitude_test_overview.php

No comments:

Post a Comment